Sunday 24 March 2019

Poems

Woven
My life woven by the Lord

Woven
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

I could never have imagined
Where this path would lead me
I had to be very determined
Because it indeed was not easy

It was disruptively tough
And at times chaotically rough
But I had never once regretted
Walking down this chosen path

The path that my Lord had chosen
Was indeed the best for me
It was all wonderfully woven
To make the best of me

He Made Me

He made me who I am through the challenges

He made me
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

He gave me
What I have
Because He
Loves me

He placed me
Where I am
Because He
Protects me

He broke me
To pieces
To show me
His riches

He brought me
To a shatter
To make me
Far greater

He made me
Go lower
To send me
Up higher

He made me
Who I am
Because He
Is I AM WHO I AM

Gain in Pain
There is gain in pain

Gain in Pain
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

In the midst of pain
The tears fall like rain

But even in the pain
I stand to gain

I turn to You, My King
To remove the sting

My heart is rejoicing
In the love that You bring


Like No Other
This poem describes my life with Jesus and who He is in my life

Like No Other
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

My dear Lord Jesus
The Master Creator
There is no other
Whose Rule is greater

The seas may rage
And the thunders roar
But with You, Lord
I will soar

My strength may fail
As I face war
But in You, Lord
I will go far

The world may hate
And make me fall
But through You, Lord
I will stand tall

My tears may fall
Like a large downpour
But for Your purpose
I will fight for

The heat may melt
The cold may freeze
But Your Love is felt
Like a soft warm breeze

My dear Lord God
Most Loving Father
Your Mercy and Grace
Is like no other


Extreme
Going through the extreme circumstances with my Lord

Extreme
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Whatever my portion be
I shall take it willingly
For how can I say no to Thee
Since You do not forsake me

No matter how bitter the cup
How can I not taste or drink
For You have made my life cleared up
From all filth and sin within

No matter how rough
The bumpy road may seem
You have made me tough
To overcome all extremes

Steady
Being steady in the Lord God, for with Him all shall be fine

Steady
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Little did I know
The big things You had in store
From one with nothing to show
To that of much to explore

I thought it was far from here
Way up yonder
But it seems to appear
Up front and closer

Concerns of being ready
Come to my mind
But I can be steady
For with You, it shall be fine

Pray and Trust
Praying with trust in the Lord

Pray and Trust
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Fight the battle
On your knees
The Lord will settle
All your needs

Have no fear
For He is here
Let Him steer
And it'll be clear

Turn
Turn your focus unto the Lord

Turn
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

You're so busy
And you're tired
Things seem crazy
And all haywire

Take a moment
To breathe and relax
Do not torment
Your life like that

Turn your focus
Unto the Lord
Trust in Jesus
And not the world

He will guide you
If you ask Him
He will show you
When you seek Him

Mighty
The Lord is mighty

Mighty
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

On grey cloudy days
You bring beautiful blue skies
Flowers bloom along the way
And my troubles seem to fly

On cold winter nights
I find warmth in Your love
Every concern takes flight
To my Majesty high above

Though the days
Are cold and cloudy
My heart is not swayed
For You, my Lord, are mighty


You
Jesus, my comforter and healer

You
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

You see every tear shed
In a bottle each is kept
All my sorrows You keep track
Not one is left unchecked

You heal my wounds
And bring me through
Your peace and words
Make my spirit full

You are with me
In every step
I surrender completely
In full depth

Personal God
Jesus is a personal God

Personal God
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Not a day goes by
Without Your Love in sight
At the times when I cry
And feel so uptight

Not a moment is lost
Away from Your Presence
No matter what the cost
Lord, You are my only dependence

You see my every need
And hear my cry to You
You lift me up with speed
When I surrender my life to You

Not a circumstance
Without a purpose
For me to take a stance
Even unto death for You, I choose

For You have taken
My iniquities from me
Never to be forsaken
In Your Kingdom eternally shall I be

I Praise You
I Praise You, my Lord, in everything

I Praise You
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

I praise You in the good times
And most certainly in the bad times
I praise You in the long weary nights
And through all the threatened frights

I praise You in the stormy seas
And even when trouble does not cease
I praise You that I always see
You being my only source of peace

I praise You in the darkest hour
And the times of greatest showers
I praise You for You are my master
And my heart shall love no other

The Great One 
Depending on the Lord, the Great One

The Great One
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

The steep climb up the hill
Feels like a tonne of weight
But my heart remains still
Depending on the One so great

All things become feather light
As an eagle, I take flight
Charging forwards without fright
Walking in His awesome might


Always With Me
The Lord was always with me whatever the time or matter

Always With Me
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

All alone in the quiet dark night
I saw all the things gone by
That of previous sorrow and fright
The ups and downs of my life

Yet not alone was I that night
When You came to sit by my side
I knew that it was not just that night
But You were with me all the time

Facing the Heat
Facing the Heat with the Lord

Facing the Heat
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

I am not in fear
As my time has not yet come
For the Lord is holding the steer
And determines what I become

I am facing the heat
For I have taken the step
To go out and preach
The good news to those in debt

Never mind what the cost
I must seek out the lost
For the Lord Jesus loves them
And I must bring all to Him

Nothing can take me down
For the Lord is on His Throne
He is crowned with many crowns
And I fully trust in Him alone

Heir
We have an inheritance in Christ

Heir
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Let not fear or pain
Drive us to despair
Through them we shall gain
For we are the heir

Bestowed upon us
A great future ahead
Let us trust in Jesus
For He is the Head

In Him I Gain
Description: In my Lord, I Gain

In Him I Gain
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

If not for His Mercy
I am not forgiven
If not for His Grace
I am not driven

If not for His Wisdom
I am not wise
If not for His Kingdom
I would not rise

If not for His Righteouness
I do not stand
If not for His Goodness
My heart would not mend

My head is heavy
And my body in pain
But He sustains me
And in Him I gain

Your Lead
The leading of the Lord

Your Lead
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

My Lord, I am amazed that You care
About the little things I do
You do not leave me in despair
But help me to get through

You set the crooked path straight
And mend the torn or anew create
You cover me with Your precious Blood
And instill within me Your Living Word

You lead me into the quiet waters
Despite the surrounding raging storm
Nothing in You ever falters
My faith and trust in You brings reward

Stormy Sea
In the storm with the Lord

Stormy Sea
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

That stormy night
You called me out to see
To teach me how to fight
And walk on the stormy sea

I learnt to cast my fears
Upon You
Holding back my tears
And fully depend on You

I have nothing to fear
For You are near
I rest in Your Might
And follow Your Light

Shield and Helper
Jesus is our Shield and Helper

Shield and Helper
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Do not worry
You who are weary
Turn Your burdens to Him carry
And in Him be fully merry

He gives rest
In times of test
He protects
In times of attacks

He is your shield
And helper
You need only yield
And follow after

Guide
Guidance from God

Guide
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

I need You most
In these times of desperation
For I shall be lost
Without Your direction

I look to You
To be my guide
As I follow You
Against the tide

I trust in You to be my guide
As I take this rough bumpy ride
In You I fully abide
To overcome whatever the tide

How Life Is
This is how life is

How Life Is
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

This is how
Life will be
Better see it now
To be set free

The comfortable
Will be made uncomfortable
Those in discomfort
Will be comforted

We grow in the rough
And become wise in the tough
Lest we be mellow
And very shallow

The battle is on
We need to press on
Turn from distraction
And move forwards in action

For those who are weary
And heavy laden
Do not worry
Jesus will take your burden

The vision of the Kingdom
Is for everyone to be in freedom
Cleansed by His Blood
And set free by His Word


Might
The might of the Lord God Almighty

Might
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

I come to a tight
And difficult juncture
Without help in sight
I am about to puncture

Yet at that moment
I continue to fight
Despite the torment
I trust in Your Might

For not by sight
But a walk in faith
That gives the light
And provides the aid

I continue to believe
For I know that indeed
In You, I shall receive
As I follow Your lead

For none is wiser
Nor greater in might
Than my Lord Jesus
Seated at the Father's right

Refuge
The Lord is my refuge in times of trouble

Refuge
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

In constant pain I am
Yet to You I turn for relief
For You are the I AM
My only trust and belief

In all the attacks I face
I turn to You, Lord, for power
For the throne is Your place
And the battle is won over

You are my only hope
For no other can offer
True solution and strength to cope
To make all things proper

The weapons of the evil
Can never take me down
No matter what the kill
Facing You kneeled bowed down

For You are my tower and refuge
The Lord of Lords and the King of Kings
Nothing and no one can defuse
Whatever Your command brings

God's Refining Skill
This poem is about God refining me through adversities

God's Refining Skill
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

The storm has come
With the high tide
Tossing and turning
With no where to hide

The heat of the desert
Is rising within
Melting my heart
Changing the scene

Destroying the pride
Clearing the sin
Humbling my soul
Purifying within

He directs me north
As the cloud clears
That I may go forth
Overcoming my fears

Building my spirit
In line with His Will
Grateful am I for
God’s refining skill

Thou Art My Help
The Lord is my Help

Thou Art My Help
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

My dear Lord
Help me to be
Obedient to Thy Word
And always abide in Thee

For Thou art my
Loving and True Shepherd
Thou leadeth me by
Thy Mighty Staff and Rod

Thou art my
Shield and helper
As troubles come by
In Thee I do not falter

Thou art
My help
In Thy Heart
I am held

In Thee
I have the Victory
For I remain under
Thy awesome Authority

His Joy
The Joy of the Lord is my strength.

His Joy
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Amidst the adversity
A smile on my face must be
Regardless of the calamity
It shall all be made right for me

No matter what the circumstance
His joy remains my stance
For defeat will have no chance
And sorrow will be of no sense

His Joy is my strength
To endure whatever depth or length
My joy overflows the brim
As I cast my concerns to Him

In Jesus my burdens are lifted
And all my circumstances shifted
For He holds all the authority
And indeed the everlasting victory

Be Joyful For He Is Faithful
Be Joyful for the Lord is Faithful

Be Joyful For He Is Faithful
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

My God is full of Grace and Truth
One of sorrow yet of joy
O what a wondrous One of worth
Mighty against all evil ploy

Good and merciful is my God
Nothing is there for me to doubt
Faithful and loving is He to me
Praises to Him I sing and shout

All the days of my life
Are numbered in His sight
I shall live on without strife
For goodness and mercy is in His Light

His promises are true
For He is indeed Faithful
There is no need to be blue
Shout for joy and be thankful

Year's End
Great end to a tough year

Year's End
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

A year has gone by
And now at its end
I have suffered and tried
But still joy is its end

The greatness of my Lord
Is what I have seen
His glory and honor
Is all that it's been

Grateful for the trials
Thankful for His Grace
I will go on with a smile
In whatever I face

The Year
 A year with the Lord

The Year
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

One year has gone
And another to come
Never shall I be alone
For Your Glory has come

O what a journey
It has been the past year
I appreciate most the valleys
Though they bring such tears

Closer to You
Have I become
Knowing more of You
Indeed quite a sum

Yet still I know
There is more to come
I am excited to see, my Lord
Your Kingdom come!



No comments:

Post a Comment