Wednesday 24 February 2021

Christian E-Book: Victorious Endurance

 E-Book
Title: Victorious Endurance
Category: Trials & Challenges
Author: Dr Marilyn Bouniu
Year: 2021
 
Content
Introduction
Chapter 1: Light Weight
Chapter 2: Let Go of the Weight               
Chapter 3: Rejoice Always           
Chapter 4: Easy Yoke, Light Burden         
Chapter 5: A Privilege, Not A Burden      
Chapter 6: Right Focus  
Chapter 7: Victory in Christ         
Chapter 8: Abide in Jesus            
Chapter 9: Live in the Spirit         
Chapter 10: Just Be        
 
 Introduction
 
I was going through a rough and tough journey. It went on and on for a very long time. I knew that I needed to endure it. I was determined not to run away from the troubles that came by. I was not going to quit. I would take in all the suffering that I had to take. However, it was not easy. It was not easy at all. It was getting rougher and tougher. Could I take in anymore?
 
Psalms 32:8 NKJV I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.
 
I turned to the Lord for guidance. I needed to know how to endure. Surely it could not just be like this. There must be a better way.
 
Isaiah 30:21 NKJV Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.
 
Then, I heard it in my spirit. Overcome the endurance. Not just endure. Overcome the endurance itself. Overcome the endurance test. Win it. Yes! Despite the suffering that I had to endure, I needed to learn how to endure in victory!
 
Overcome!
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Overcome!
Don't be overwhelmed
God the Son
Is Lord in all realms
 
Rejoice!
Do not be sad
His choice
Will make you glad
 
Stand tall!
Do not fall back
His call
Is the right track
 
So what did I learn? I learnt 10 things. Thus, the 10 chapters in this book.
All praise and glory be to my Lord God Almighty for teaching me how to endure victoriously. I could not have done it without Him.
 
Tough And Rough
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
When times are tough
Do not give up
When times are rough
Just toughen up
 
When times are tougher
Then learn faster
When times are rougher
Then be quicker
 
When times are toughest
The Lord is greatest
When times are roughest
The Lord is strongest
 
So just abide
In the Lord
He shall provide
Needs and all
Chapter 1: Light Weight
 
The endurance test was heavy. It felt like a tonne of weight on me. I couldn’t run. It was weighing me down.
I learnt the concept of light weight. I needed to know how to run the endurance test in light weight.
The endurance test is like a marathon race. We need keep on running for a long distance. We need to be able to endure the length of the entire race.
 
What is the best way to run the marathon race?
 
We need to be light in weight. Marathon runners need to run long distance and need to be fast enough to win. If we carry a lot of weight on us when we run, then the weight will not only make us run slower, we will be using up a lot of unnecessary energy to fight the resistance caused by the weight, and eventually tire us out and make us even slower or stop altogether.
 
So what is the best way to run?
 
We need to run light weight. The shoes need to be light. The clothes need to be light. We shouldn’t be carrying unnecessary things with us. We need to have absolutely no heavy baggage at all. When we are light, we can run for longer and faster.
 
Therefore, do not carry any unnecessary weight on your life. Prioritise. Do the things that matter. Decide and act on things that matter to God and His Kingdom.
 
Colossians 3:1-2 NKJV If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
 
 
Chapter 2: Let Go of the Weight
 
Not only do we need to make sure that we are light weight, we need to let go of all the unnecessary weight that we are already carrying with us.
Hebrews 12:1-2 NKJV Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
So, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us. Let us let go to the weight and be light weight.
 
Cast all your cares to God. Don’t be weighed down by them. Get rid of the excess baggage.
Psalm 55:22 NKJV Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
1 Peter 5:6-7 NKJV Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 
 
Score!
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Run the race
With endurance
What you face
An assurance
 
Of the fact
That you're His
Let your act
Be of His
 
Remove the weight
That pulls you back
Do not be late
God has your back
 
Go on forwards
Reach your goal
Trust in His Words
Make the score!
 
 
Chapter 3: Rejoice Always
 
How would you respond when troubles come your way?
 
How Would You Respond?
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
How would you respond
When troubles come your way?
Would you take it on
Or try to run away?
 
How would you respond
When troubles come your way?
Would you groan and moan
Or joyful praise you'll say?
 
How would you respond
When troubles come your way?
Would you seek to phone
Or on bended knees pray?
 
How would you respond
When troubles come your way?
Best to seek the Lord
And follow what He says
 
 
There is nothing better than joy in lifting off the heavy burden in your heart.
Philippians 4:4 NKJV Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
 
Be thankful for everything, even in the hardest of circumstances that you are going through. Pray to the Lord, and trust in Him.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
 
On Bended Knee
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
When troubles come
Seek not to flee
To His Kingdom
Send in a plea
 
Deep from the heart
On bended knee
The Lord shall part
The deepest sea
 
Pray and Trust
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Fight the battle
On your knees
The Lord will settle
All your needs
 
Have no fear
For He is here
Let Him steer
And it'll be clear
 
The joy of the Lord is our strength. His joy will get us through the toughest of times.
Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV ... Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
 
Psalm 28:7 NKJV The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
 
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.
 
It will be worth the endurance. Do not give up. Persist on.
 
Be joyful as you do so. It has to be all joy, or it won’t be joyful at all. You have to be 100% joyful. If there is even 1% of sorrow in your heart, then you will not be joyful at all. This 1% will grow and eventually swallow up the rest of the joy in you. So you are either joyful or you are not.
 
James 1:2-8 NKJV My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
 
Be joyful. The various trials that you are going through will make you perfect and complete, lacking nothing. Your faith will be tested but be patient to endure it joyfully because the end product will be great! Praise the Lord!
 
His Joy
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Amidst the adversity
A smile on my face must be
Regardless of the calamity
It shall all be made right for me
 
No matter what the circumstance
His joy remains my stance
For defeat will have no chance
And sorrow will be of no sense
 
His Joy is my strength
To endure whatever depth or length
My joy overflows the brim
As I cast my concerns to Him
 
In Jesus my burdens are lifted
And all my circumstances shifted
For He holds all the authority
And indeed the everlasting victory
 
 
Chapter 4: Easy Yoke, Light Burden
 
When you are yoked with Christ, His strength will carry you through the adversity, and your burden will become light.
 
Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light."
 
Live in His Joy
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Oh I have a great story to tell
For I have learned a great lesson
In order for all things to be well
I need to live with the right reason
 
There is no need for me to carry
All the burdens deemed unnecessary
What I need is to be absolutely merry
And trust in my Lord God Almighty
 
His burdens are light
And His yoke is easy
My life will be made right
When I surrender to Him fully
 
His Joy is my strength
So I shall live happy
To the end of length
Abiding in Him fully
 
Be yoked with Christ for His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
 
Chapter 5: A Privilege, Not A Burden
 
Whatever trials you are facing in life are a privilege, not a burden. There is much gain, none is in vain.
 
Philippians 1:29 NKJV For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
 
1 Peter 4: 12-16 NKJV
12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.
 
Gain
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
There is no gain
Without the pain
But do not strain
For useless gain
 
There is much gain
If you remain
True to God's reign
In steadfast claim
 
There is full gain
When all the pain
Is for the gain
In the Lord's Name
 
Do not fear. The Lord is our comfort in times of suffering. His Mercy, Grace and Love will certainly get us through.
 
Gain in Pain
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
In the midst of pain
The tears fall like rain
 
But even in the pain
I stand to gain
 
I turn to You, My King
To remove the sting
 
My heart is rejoicing
In the love that You bring
 
2 Corinthians 1:5-7 NKJV
5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.
 
The Gain In Pain
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
So great a pain
Too much to even bear
What shall I gain
For it to still remain?
 
And though I cry
Enduring the pain
Still deep inside
My spirit sings praise
 
Your Grace and Mercy
I seek to gain
Your great love for me
Soothes all my pain
 
Chapter 6: Right Focus
  
We need to have the right focus in everything. What we focus on is what would be magnified. If we focus on the problems in fear and doubt, then the fears and doubts will magnify and eventually paralyse us. However, if we have the right focus, keeping our eyes fixed on Christ, then faith will magnify and bring us to greater heights.
 
Focus
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
What you focus on
Is what would magnify
So do not focus on
The troubles that come by
 
Instead place your focus
On the things above
Keeping your eyes on Jesus
And completely abide in His Love
 
Hebrews 12:1-2 NKJV Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
 
When your eyes are fixed on Christ, you will have perfect peace in your mind as you trust in Him. With His strength, you will be able to overcome all things.
 
Isaiah 26: 3-4 NKJV
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
4 Trust in the Lord forever,
For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.
 
Chapter 7: Victory in Christ
 
John 16:33 NKJV These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
 
1 John 5: 4 NKJV For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
 
Jesus has overcome the world. Therefore, we can overcome all things in Christ through faith.
 
1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
There is victory in Christ. The Lord holds the victory in His Hand.
 
Great Victory
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Let the heart
Be filled with praise
To our God
His anthem raise
 
Let the heart
Be filled with faith
Let the doubts
Be all erased
 
March on strong
In each new day
As the Lord
Shows us the way
 
And you'll see
Great victory
By the Lord's
Grace and Mercy
 
Chapter 8: Abide in Jesus
 
John 15:4-6 NKJV
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
 
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
 
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
  
Abide in the Lord Jesus Christ for without Him we can do nothing that is of worth to the Lord and His Kingdom.
 
In Christ
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Though troubles come
I shall not fear
In Christ, the Son
I live with cheer
 
Though life may find
Some pain and sorrow
In Christ, I'm fine
To face tomorrow
 
Though thunders roar
And storms are proud
In Christ, I soar
Above the clouds
 
Though days are tough
And paths are rough
In Christ, I trust
No matter what
 
When we abide in Christ, we operate based upon His Wisdom, Power and Authority. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
Philippians 4:13 NKJV I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
  
Like No Other
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
My dear Lord Jesus
The Master Creator
There is no other
Whose Rule is greater
 
The seas may rage
And the thunders roar
But with You, Lord
I will soar
 
My strength may fail
As I face war
But in You, Lord
I will go far
 
The world may hate
And make me fall
But through You, Lord
I will stand tall
 
My tears may fall
Like a large downpour
But for Your purpose
I will fight for
 
The heat may melt
The cold may freeze
But Your Love is felt
Like a soft warm breeze
 
My dear Lord God
Most Loving Father
Your Mercy and Grace
Is like no other
 
What can I
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
What can I produce
With the work of my hands
If my Lord Jesus
Is not giving the commands
 
What can I deduce
With the thoughts of my mind
If my Lord Jesus
Is not there to define
 
What can I become
In this lifetime
If my Lord Jesus
Is not removing the grime
 
What can come out
Of my circumstance
If my Lord Jesus
Is not holding the stance
 
What can I aspire
To bring forth
If my Lord Jesus
Is not directing me north
 
What can I do
To save my life
If my Lord Jesus
Did not remove the strife
  
Am I able?
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
What am I able to do?
On my own indeed
Jesus, without You
There can be no deed
 
Am I able to see?
Without Your Eyes
There will definitely be
No vision in the skies
 
Blind with no goal
Nor direction to follow
Emptiness in the soul
Pouring tears of sorrow
 
Am I able to hear?
Without Your Voice
Nothing will be clear
To make the right choice
 
Am I able to think?
Without Your Wisdom
My mind would wander
In aimless boredom
 
Am I able to live?
Without Your Life
My heart would grieve
Heavy with strife
 
Am I able to breathe?
Without Your Breath
My breath would cease
And surely end in death
 
Am I able without You?
Most certainly not, Lord
For what can I do
On my own accord
 
Chapter 9: Live in the Spirit
 
We cannot win in life without the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is our Helper.
John 14:26 NKJV But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
 
 In order to have victory in every aspect of life, we need to live in the Spirit, and not the flesh.
 
Galatians 5:22-25 NKJV
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
 
Romans 8:5-8 NKJV
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
 
Fire
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
I need Your Fire
That I may never tire
To advance Your Kingdom
Declaring Your freedom
 
Fill me with Your Fire
For this is what I desire
To accomplish what You aspire
As I follow You higher
 
Chapter 10: Just Be
 
Just be who God has made you to be. Just believe and live in faith according to what He has written in His Word. He has given us all that we need to live a victorious life.
 
Romans 8:28-39 NKJV
 
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
 
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:
 
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
 
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
Be Secure
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
O what an endurance test
The Lord had set for me
Even so my spirit rests
Upon His Love for me
 
I struggled in the past
To endure the trials on path
But now I have at last
Found a way to breezily pass
 
It was not for me
To just endure
But it was for me
To be secure
 
In my Lord God Almighty
Whom I have grown to love and know
By His Truth, I am set free
Onto Him I shall firmly hold
When you are finally able to endure without being burdened by suffering, and are able to walk through the endurance test easily in the Lord’s strength, then you have indeed attained victory over the endurance test. The key to achieving this is to be absolutely secure in Christ. Be secure, not just endure. We are more than conquerors through Christ who loves us. Victory is your place!
 
Your Place
By Dr Marilyn Bouniu
 
Heavy steps in both your feet
As you walked with great sorrow
You could no longer bear it
Shunning to face tomorrow
 
Not a thing went right
Everything tumbling down
You were losing sight
Your face burdened with a frown
 
Your mind distracted
Your steps retracted
You were disheartened
Your soul so saddened
 
You turned to the Lord
And He gave you His Sword
Piercing through your heart
Removing all the hurt
 
Your steps were lightened
As your soul was lifted
No longer frightened
Your perception shifted
 
Equipped with His wisdom
Empowered by His Grace
Fighting for the Kingdom
Victory is your place

No comments:

Post a Comment